I am an Associate professor in Center for Brain-Inspired Computing Research, Department of Precision Instrument, Tsinghua University, Beijing. My research spans Brain Inspired Computing, Complex Networks, Artificial Intelligence, System Identification, Machine Learning, Control and Optimization.
I received B.Eng. degree in Automation from Xi’an University of Technology, China, in 2004, M.Eng. degree in Electronic and Information Engineering from Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, in 2007, and a Ph.D. degree in Electronic and Electricity Engineering (EEE) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2011. Before joining Tsinghua University an assistant professor in 2014, I was a research scientist in Data Storage Institute (DSI) and Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore.
- National Science Foundation of China, Towards the minimum cost control of complex networks, Principal investigator, 2016-2019.
- Beijing Natural Science Foundation, The controllability of complex networks, Principal investigator, 2015-2018.
- Science and Technology Plan of Beijing, Research on efficient parallel acceleration technology for cognitive computing platform, Main contributor, 2017-2018.
- Independent Research Plan of Tsinghua University, Principal investigator, Brain-inspired computing and complex networks, 2014-2017.
- Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry (SRF for ROCS, SEM), Principal investigator, 2014-2019.
Honors and Awards
- Best Poster Paper Award: “Real-time tracking based on neuromorphic vision”, the 15th IEEE Non-Volatile Memory Technology Symposium (NVMTS 2015), Beijing, China, 2015.
- Best Paper Award: “Online Learning with Kernels in Classification and Regression”, in IEEE Conference on Evolving and Adaptive Intelligent Systems, Madrid, Spain, 2012.
- Graduate Scholarship in Nanyang Technological University, 2007 – 2011
- Graduates Student Scholarship in Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2004-2007
- Huang Qiang Heng Award of Scholarship in Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2006
- Outstanding Graduates Student Award in Xi’an University of Technology, 2004
- IEEE Member
- Journal Papers Reviewer
- Mathematical Reviews
- IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (IEEE TAC)
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (IEEE TSP)
- IEEE Transactions on Neural networks and Learning Systems (IEEE TNNLS)
- International Journal of Neural Sytems
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Engineering (IEEE TIE)
- IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology (IEEE TCST)
- Pattern Recognition
- IET Signal Processing
- Conference Papers Reviewer
- IEEE CDC : Conference on Decision and Control
- IEEE ACC : American Control Conference
- ICIEA: IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications
- ICARCV: International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision
- Conference Organizer
- Track Chair: Industrial Informatics and Computational Intelligence, 12th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Siem Reap, Cambodia, 2017
- Track Chair: Computational Intelligence, 11th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Hefei, China 2016
- Technical Program Committee Member: 28th Chinese Control and Decision Conference, Yingchuan, China, 2016
- Publication Chair: 15th IEEE Non-Volatile Memory Technology Symposium, Beijing, China, 2015
- Track Chair: Computational Intelligence, 10th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Auckland, New Zealand, 2015
- Technical Program Committee Member: 27th Chinese Control and Decision Conference, Qingdao, China, 2015
- Technical Program Committee Member: 26th Chinese Control and Decision Conference, Changsha, China, 2014